Monday, June 2, 2008

I Fell In Love.

God is so amazing...I am astounded by His glory.
I have fallen in love...and it's incredible.

Girls spend their whole life waiting for 'THE ONE' to come into their lives. They dream of 'THE ONE' night and day and sometimes plan their lives with 'THE ONE' before they even know his name!

Imagine you, a young girl, meeting the most wonderful man you have ever seen. A Christian leader, fully devoted to God, like-minded in thought and belief...he might even be 'tall, dark, and handsome...'! You meet this 'Perfect Man' (umm...can we say 'oxymoron'!) and are completely swept off of your feet, fall head over heels in love, the works. Him walking into a room makes you so giddy with joy that you may even swoon...and he, being the 'Perfect Man', would catch you!

So...when was the last time you felt like that about Jesus?
Have you ever become so overwhelmed with love and joy
that you felt excited and giddy about His love for you?

He is the Perfect Savior...and this is no dream. Jesus came and gave up His life for us in order that we might live our little, pitiful, sinful lives on this earth. He came and died for us to give us the choice to trade this sinful life for one of purity and holiness. Why do we sit and wait for the 'Perfect Man' when we have already been blessed with a Perfect, Loving Savior? He was sent here to this earth to rescue us...his church in distress. You Hopeless Romantics like myself should be eating this stuff up. I mean, maidens in distress, the knight coming to her rescue...how romantic is that?

Imagine living in the perfect "Adventures in Odyssey" neighborhood. You know what I mean...the ones where everyone lives in a cute little house with a picket fence, can always go talk to Whit and get a perfect word of encouragement, and never has an acne problem. Imagine leaving that perfect world to go live in the slums. The people are dirty, their homes are dirtier, and their language, well let's just say that they swim in the gutter.

That is what Jesus did for us. He left the beautiful heavens where He had perfect fellowship with His Father...and could always talk to His Father. Jesus came down here to this earth and lived in our slums. He healed our dirty bodies. He ate in our dirty homes. Why? To rescue us. To pull us out of that gutter.

Do you want to be rescued? He is waiting on you.
Have you been rescued? Praise the Lord!
If you have been rescued, have you fallen in love?

Lord, my lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you- I, whom you have redeemed (Psalm 71:23). When worry overwhelms me, you bring joy to my soul (Psalm 94:19). Joy. I am filled with joy. You have redeemed me from my life in the pits of the slums and rescued me from the gutter. I have fallen in love with You...and YOUR love will never fail (1 Corinthians 13:8).
I am utterly overwhelmed. Thank You, Lord...

No comments: