Friday, May 21, 2010

Week Zer0

Well... here we are almost at the end of what I'm calling 'Week Zer0".

One of the many lessons I learned from Kung Fu Panda that there is indeed a Level Zer0. I think that in this level, we discover that we know nothing. We can do nothing on our own without God's strength and guidance. I am sure I will be reminded of this many times throughout this training process!

With a bit of research and help from family and friends, I have committed to the following two plans:

The Training Plan
The Eating Plan (Top Two Tiers)

I have a feeling that it will be easier to stick to 'The Training Plan' than 'The Eating Plan', but then, I must remind myself that these two will work together to strengthen my body for the upcoming race. In addition to these plans, I am striving to be more focused in my spiritual life... for without His strength, I am like a limp glove with no strong hand to fill it.

When I think about being able to run 13.1 miles by September 18, I'm not quite sure how I will do it. That's the beauty of this whole project. This is a completely impossible task for me, Elise Ivey, but the beauty comes in this:


"...for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me... my flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
~Psalm 63:7-8, 73:26~

No comments: