Saturday, June 27, 2009

Soaring

God has been so faithful! I found out this past week through some test results that I have had Mono since early May. I can't believe how much strength God has/is giving me to make it through this sickness. I just returned from a blessed vacation with my family. It was a time of renewal, closeness, and relaxation. It was much needed for my family and it was a blessing for the four of us to be together... it's quite rare these days.

This vacation gave me some time to reflect on some recent happenings in my life. The majority of people I have met at my 'new' college have told me time and time again that I am too idealistic, have the standards of a perfectionist for my future mate, and that I will possibly remain single my entire life.

Here's my honest response to them and to the world:
I do have ridiculously strong ideals, Jesus Christ set/is the perfect standard, and if I remain single my entire life to bring God glory and to further His kingdom, then so be it.
I cannot consent to creep when my heart's impulse is to soar. I want to soar. If this means that my life will be lonely, if I live it for Christ, then I have succeeded.

1 comment:

David said...

Amen-Awesome, That's right! Thank you for writing this stuff.