Friday, May 8, 2009

My True Community

"Keep giving Jesus to your people not by words, but by your example, by your being in love with Jesus, by radiating His holiness and spreading His fragrance of love everywhere you go. Just keep the joy of Jesus as your strength. Be happy and at peace. Accept whatever He gives and give whatever He takes with a big smile. Know that you belong to Him.

My true community is the poor- their security is my security, their health is my health. My home is among the poor, and not only the poor, the poorest of them; the people no one will go near because they are filthy and suffering from contagious diseases, full of germs and vermin- infested; the people who can't go to church because they can't go out naked; the people who can no longer eat because they haven't the strength; the people who lie down in the street, knowing they are going to die, while others look away and pass them by; the people who no longer cry because their tears have run dry!

The Lord wants me exactly where I am- He will provide the answers."

Taken from: Suffering Into Joy- A book written about Mother Theresa

No comments: