Saturday, August 9, 2008

Set-Apart

I just returned home from an INCREDIBLE weekend in Colorado studying under Eric and Leslie Ludy. I was so blessed by the other girls that came up for the weekend as well as the young ladies living in the discipleship community that shared their days and nights with us. I spent each night sharing stories and encouragement with such wonderful women of God that are striving to live a life that is set-apart from this world.

We as Christians think we have it all together. We look at others around us and think, "Well, at least I am doing better in life than they are...At least my standards are higher than theirs..." How wrong we are. For you see, when we look into the life of another and judge them, it is most likely that we are trying to detract attention from our own weaknesses.

We have taken one step into the endless frontier of being a follower of Christ, and we have stopped. We have been content to pitch our tents at the very beginning of this amazing journey...and for what? Comforts. Pride. Fear.

It is time to take up your tent...take up your cross!
Run the race to the best of your ability...
through the strength of the Lord.
Follow the Lord...
and fall in love with Him more deeply than ever before.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run,
but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.
They do it to get a crown that will not last;
but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly;
I do not fight like a man beating the air.
No, I beat my body and make it my slave
so that after I have preached to others,
I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
~1 Corinthians 9:24-27~

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you had a great time. I love the pic. Love ya,